Gluten Free Slow Cooker Pancake Cake


I had mentioned I found a Gluten Free slow cooker recipe on Facebook, and after a few requests for this recipe from friends, I thought I would dive back into sharing recipes on my long lost recipe blog!  I've been so busy I forgot it was here! 

So, without further ado, here is the recipe, found via Stephanie O'Dea's Make It Fast, Cook It Slow: The Big Book of Everyday Slow Cooking for the Kindle:

1 16 oz. package Gluten Free Pancake Mix (I used Maple Grove Pancake and Waffle Mix found at Walmart) 
Eggs
Milk
Oil

Simply follow directions on the back of the Pancake Mix box, they have the measurements should you decide to use the whole box, or less, and mix everything together.

Take your slow cooker and be sure to either coat with cooking spray or brush on your choice of oil, so as to help the pancake not stick (I didn't put enough, by the way).

Pour the mixed contents of the pancake mix into the slow cooker, put on high heat, cover, and let it do it's thang! The aroma that fills the house is heavenly-it smells like a cakery! I actually only cooked it for 1 1/2 hours, not the 2 hours suggested in the cook book, so I suggest start monitoring and testing for done-ness at the 1 hour 15 minute range.  I stuck a knife into it and it came out clean-done to me!

I let it sit for a bit, and realized I didn't put enough oil into the pot so it stuck a little bit. I went around the pot with a knife to free the cake from sticking to the sides.  I cut the pieces right there as the bottom was stuck and it wouldn't budge.  Once pieces cut I was then able to go in with a spatula to remove them.  


So now you have a pancake cake! Serve it up warm and drizzle some syrup (Gluten Free of course!)...this might not last long in your home, and would be perfect for the holidays, or any old day.  Don't get me wrong, I'll still make pancakes the regular ol' way, but this is a great way to do something different with the breakfast treat.  

I can't wait to try more of this slow cooker Gluten Free cooking! 

Bon appetit!