Easy Hollandaise Sauce

As I build my culinary skills, Hollandaise requires as such, so for the time being, this recipe is that of Knorr, but I add some twists to make it not taste like it came from a pouch. I am an eggs benedict fiend, and want to create my own dish, and this sauce is on par to many restaurants. Someday my sauce will be perfected, and Knorr will become a thing of my past!

1 pkg. Knorr Hollandaise Sauce
1/4 cup. butter
1 cup milk (I use skim)
1-2 tsp. yellow mustard
1/2 tsp. lemon juice
dash of dried dill
dash of cayenne pepper
splash of Tabasco sauce

Follow directions on Knorr package. Once finished, should be nice and creamy with some weight, add in mustard, lemon juice, dill and if desired the stuff that gives it some kick! One thing to note with the mustard, start out with 1 tsp, if you feel it needs more add it. You don't want sauce to taste like mustard, though, it gives the sauce depth and adds a bit to the texture, making it velvety, and will leave your guests wondering what your secret ingredient is, plus it makes the color richer, as in egg yolk richer-that is why its my little tip! In my opinion, in the real Hollandaise sauce there is egg yolk, and using the package eliminates that aspect. If you're making eggs benny, you've got the yolk there already, so less cholesterol worries, but who's counting anyway??

Spoon over poached eggs, asparagus, whatever! I'm horrible with poached eggs, by the way, I never get them right, am tempted to purchase egg poacher type pan from William Sonoma. Time being I do over easy eggs, atop whole wheat English Muffin, a slice of cheese, if any lying around (adds cheesyness to the whole dish) and canadian bacon! Totally sinful, I know, but on occasion, its marvelous, and cheaper than any brunchy place! I'd love to host a brunch, and of course offer mimosas to my guests, but that is another blog on cocktails served!

Bon appetit!